My name is Ian Kroll. I’m into helping people create art and all of the personal and social benefits that go along with that. I’m particularly interested in providing it to people who might not otherwise have the opportunity to create art.
Over the years, being an "art volunteer" has become a big part of my identity.
You can read more about me here.
- kink /k??k/
- 1 A sharp twist or curve in something that is otherwise straight: "a kink in the road"
- 1.1 A flaw or obstacle in a plan, operation, etc. "though the system is making some headway, there are still some kinks to iron out"
- 1.2 A quirk of character or behaviour.
- 1.3 informal A person’s unusual sexual preference.
- 2019-09-09 Sam & Ian were back for a second appearance on CTV News:
Calgary artists collaborate to create series of paintings focused on reconciliation
This time, we were joined by another of Sam’s collaborators.
- 2018-11-30 Sam & Ian did this quick interview on CTV News: Artists find inspiration in each other’s work after Drop-In Centre art program shutters
Why The Name?
What’s up with IMageKink name? Art has a way of exposing a person and changing one’s perceptions. Also, art is often a messy, trial by error, process that twists and turns in so many unexpected ways. What you intend to create takes a life of its own, incorporating your subconscious quirkiness and breathing new life into your tools of choice. Plus, IMageKink has my initials ☺
Some Favourite Paintings
The primary focus of this site is to promote my free painting events. There is also some art for sale here. The art is by local artists who are also my friends. In many cases, a substantial portion of the proceeds will go to a very good cause.
If you live in Calgary, you can select the "local pickup" option during checkout. This way, you pay no shipping cost.